Welcome to Bartholomew Ting's Fab Academy site!
This is the story of me becoming a better MAKER over 18 weeks (and beyond). We are a community of learners, makers, and designers who are passionate about exploring the possibilities of digital fabrication. Through this program, we have gained knowledge and skills in various areas such as 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC milling, programming, electronics design and production.
Highlight of the week!
This week I failed the electronic production but I am going to keep going!
- week 1. Project management
- week 2. Computer Aided design
- week 3. Computer controlled cutting
- week 4. Embedded programming
- week 5. 3D Scanning and printing
- week 6. Electronics design
- week 7. Computer controlled machining
- week 8. Electronics production
- week 9. Output devices
- week 10. Mechanical design & machine design
- week 11. Input devices
- week 12. Molding and casting
- week 13. Networking and communications
- week 14. Interface and application programming
- week 15. Wildcard week
- week 16. Applications and implications
- week 17. Invention, intellectual property and income
- week 18. Project development