This week we had to :
- What tasks have been completed, and what remains ?
- What worked ? What hasn’t ?
- What questions need to be resolved ?
- What will happen then ?
- What have you learned ?
What tasks have been completed, and what tasks remain ?
- The design
- Choice of materials,
To Do :
- Reduce the backlash of the Gearbox
- Work on the aesthetics
- Attach the mother board to the NEMA17 somehow
What’s working ? What’s not ?
- To electronics work very well !
- The code is nice, clean and efficient
- The reducer effectively reduce the speed
To fix :
- Too much backlash in the gearbox leading to limited torque
What questions need to be resolved ?
- What is the real max torque of the system
- Are the electronics components still available on the market ?
- How can I improve the system
What will happen when ?
I will carry on the project to use it with my students to explain mechatronics and digital fabrication. I will probably create other Sobot (product name) with different Stepper motor size to create a full Robot arm.
What have you learned ?
Many things… Electronics, 3D Scanning, Molding, Networking between microcontroller… So much thing to explore now !
If I can add something to the Fabacademy, I would like to do a bit of optics somehow. I really need this kind of knowledge. But now I got the idea. To learn something new. Go to the fablab and try it ! Work on the documentation at the same time is a great way to understand want you did. Explaining is the best way to understand something.
Thank you Fabacademy !