Computer-Aided Design (CAD) is technology for design and technical documentation, which replaces manual drafting with an automated process. If you're a designer, drafter, architect, or engineer, you've probably used 2D or 3D CAD programs open source such as *
SOLIDWORKS is used to develop mechatronics systems from beginning to end. At the initial stage, the software is used for planning, visual ideation, modeling, feasibility assessment, prototyping, and project management. The software is then used for design and building of mechanical, electrical, and software elements.
* To create new sketch by right click on the plane that you will draw at it.
* chosse circle from sketch tool and draw circle, from the same center draw the secand circle.
* Draw two circles with a line intersecting it directly through the centre point and line intersection a half circle.
* Trim the 3/4 circle away, leaving the quarter of two circle with line connection betwee them.
* Create a Revolve Boss/Base in (Features) tool bar.
* To make 3D we need to go to another tab and Revolve Boss.
* craete new part with the same two circles but this time choose Extruded Boss/Base with outer circle.
* choose the inner circle apply the Extruded cut to get cylinder.
* Insert the two parts by add components compoenets and select two parts
*when i have finished my design I want to change the material of my design by right click on Material and choose yellow color as show figure below.
* In solid work I could touch the features of parameteric design, I can change any dimenstion at any time throw the design, smart dimention tool is realy very useful.