6. 3D Scanning and printing¶
group assignment page¶
USING MAKERBOT PRINT¶
- Bed size
- Bed should be heated for printing
- Nozzle size – the smaller, the better, which results in better quality.
- The bigger the nozzle, the higher the models will be printed.
- Layer height – more layers, better quality but time consuming.
- Printing temperature – different temperature should be set for each material.
- Filling type
- Filament types
- Finishing – sanding, resin coating, acetone bath, painting.
Adjusting the first layer:¶
- The first layer of the model should be printed properly in order to print the entire model in a good condition. To properly stick the first layer onto the bed, use:
- Hair spray
- Glue stick
- Painter tape
How to clean the bed:¶
Issues in 3D printer:¶
Solutions to avoid warping:
Uses of 3D printing:¶
- Medical field
Advantages of 3D printing:¶
- Complex shapes
- Easy to custom
- Less material waste
- More chances for creativity
Disadvantages of 3D printing:¶
- Copy right issues
- cannot print things which has copy rights.
When to 3D print:¶
- Custom items whic are not available
- Moulds for casting
When not to 3d print:¶
- Creeping - when an object will be exposed to high temperature which will cause creeping.
- When an object is exposed to high stress.
- Mass production
- Not always fastest solution
- Contact with food
3D printing test:¶
- I tested the printer to see its ability to print
- I discovered that there are some areas and the accuracy is limited
Learn more about the printer test:¶
- I made a 3D design
- I made a design on the Fusion 360 program in the third (third) week of the FAP Academy and made some adjustments to make it printable in the 3D printer
- I adjusted the special neck of the robot to become a spiral neck
Print ready design
Prusa I3 Mk2¶
Prusa is a 3-D printer that contains 3 axes (X-Y-Z). You can print all three-dimensional designs from converting the design to (G-Code). You can use more than one type of flement (ABS-PLA-TPU …)
- I opened PrusaControl
- I recalled the file from the desktop
- I adjusted the settings and used a type of (TPU) to make some things more flexible
- Printing started
- After you finish printing
It took 4 hours and 7 minutes to print
Advantages and limitations of 3D printing¶
- Capable of building more complex designs than traditional subtractive manufacturing techniques.
- Ease of Access as its affordbale, small in size, and becomes available in most labs.
- Minimize waste material as it prints only the required parts for the design with little support material.
- Printing size is limited by the 3D printer size. Anything larger than the printing space need to be printed in seperate parts.
- Printing materials types are few becuase not all plastics can be temperature controlled enough for 3D printing.
- Printed parts with support need to be cleaned and smoothed to get the required finish.
How does the console work?¶
- The developer company is the famous Microsoft company Consumption devices can be operated vertically. The front side is equipped with three cameras and a green LED. The central camera reads a color picture in space. Speed - 30 frames per second. Continued analysis of the image under negative light background.
- Scanned and prepared object (for 3D printing)
After I opened the program, I chose the settings
I summoned my friend Abdullah to be scanned
Then select the starting angle and it is the back
After finishing the survey I went to the settings and adjusted after the angles were not full
It was a successful experience and all the details are a little clear
You saved the file as (STL)
The final result
Download design files(ٍSTL)format¶
- (because the program is in the free version when the file is converted to the required format, its quality decreases