CoffeeBot is a Robot for Coffee Delivery in a coffee shop. This robot will help the barista to focus in making good coffee and the robot will deliver the coffee to the customer. Also this robot will help to keep the social distance during COVID-19 pandemic.
|RPLIDAR A1M8-R6 - 360 Degree Laser Scanner||1||$99.00|
|36V 350W Hub Motor Wheel with Tire||2||$32.29|
|Brushless Motor Controller||2||$14.28|
|7 Inch Full View LCD IPS Touch Screen||1||$48.76|
|Universal Swivel 50mm||2||$2.83|
Download 3D Models¶
To speedup the design process I have started downloading 3d modules for the components of the project
- Download 3D 7in touch Screen design from grabcad.com
- Download 3D Models for RPLIDAR sensor from slamtec.com
- Download 3D coffee cup from grabcad.com
- Download Motor Wheel from grabcad.com
Design and Assembly¶
Here is a initial 3d skitch for the CoffeeBot
Here is the dimensions for the Motor Wheel https://www.streetsaw.com
I have designed the motor bracket to hold the motor wheel
In Electronics Design week I have designed a custom microcontroller board for this project
In Embedded programming week I programed the microcontroller and test it
In Input devices week I have tested the RPLIDAR sensor which is the 2D 360 laser scanner for mapping and navigation.
In Output devices week I have tested the Motor Wheel and make sure I can control the speed and direction.
for this project I’ll use ROS
- Install ROS Serial Library in Arduino IDE
In order to complete this project I need to learn more about ROS Navigation. Here are some useful tutorial.
ROS NAVIGATION IN 5 DAYS
- ROS NAVIGATION IN 5 DAYS #1 - Course Overview & Basics Concepts
- ROS NAVIGATION IN 5 DAYS #2 - Mapping & Create a map from zero
- ROS NAVIGATION IN 5 DAYS #3 - Robot Localization
- ROS NAVIGATION IN 5 DAYS #4 - Path Planning - Part 1
- ROS NAVIGATION IN 5 DAYS #4 - Path Planning - Part 2
Building a ROS Robot
- Building a ROS Robot for Mapping and Navigation #1
- Building a ROS Robot for Mapping and Navigation #2