10. Mechanical design & Machine design¶
This week I worked on defining my final project idea and started to getting used to the documentation process.
For this project we need the following Mechanical components
Also I searched for Electronics components that we need for this project.
|1||500W Brushless Spindle Motor With 55mm Clamps and Power Supply Speed Governor Speed Control Device|
|1||CNC Arduino shield|
|4||Stepper motor driver|
3D Design & 3D Assembly¶
- For Stepper Motor we used the NEMA 17 motor and create sketch and 3d Module base on the standard dimensions for NEMA 17 from https://reprap.org/wiki/NEMA_17_Stepper_motor
- For the Nut I used Caliper tool to measure the dimensions of the bearing to Design Nut
- For the bearing I used Caliper tool to measure the dimensions of the bearing
- My part in this project is to design Z-Axis part which will carry the spindle part. -
Using Joint tool in fusion 360 to assemble 3D parts together
-First of all I have to assemble Z-Axis part with the spindle holder part.
I found that there is no space for bearing in the spindle holder.
Second Assembly after update the spindle holder design
After assembling all parts together, we need to make sure that is no interference between parts by using interference check tools in fusion 360
Assembling X-Axis parts together
Assembling Y-Axis parts together
Now to assemble all machine Axis together
For fabricating the part I decided to use 3D printing, because the part is very complicated and can’t be with ShopBot or laser cutting machine.
I open the STL file with Ultimaker Cura software and I apply the following setting with support
The printing failed to print.
I change the setting of the printing as following setting without support.
- Also I covert the printer with acrylic sheet to prevent the cold air form the Air-Condition
Download Universal Gcode Sender software from github
For testing I need to create ToolPath and export G-code to UGS in order to test the machine
Here is very helpful tutorial Making TOOLPATHS and exporting G-CODES | Fusion 360 | Quick Tip
To fix this issue I follow this video Fixing Fusion360 GRBL Post Processor