Final Project Plan & Diary¶
I’d like to make a foldable and portable electronic pinball machine. It has a flanger that pushes the balls out, flippers that are activated by a button, bumpers that bounce the balls back, and a system for recording scores.
The size of the machine is small enough for one adult to hold, making it suitable for carrying around. Like chess or backgammon, I want it to be something that I can open when I want to play and close when I’m done.
First, I want to get it to a quality where I can play it well on my own, and then I want my labmates and people I meet on my travels to be able to play it too.
|Case||Housing all stuff|
|Metal Ball||As a Player|
|Flipper||Hit the ball back|
|Pop Bumper||Hit the ball back and scores a point|
|Spinner||When a ball passes through, it spins and scores a point|
|Lane||Ways for ball|
|Target||Scores a point|
I did initial research, surveyed similar projects.
I made wood housing by shopbot.
I tested light sensor and hall effector.
I learned how to make clear parts, for example, pop bumper cover by molding & casting
I learned how to control solenoid and LEDs for bumber and flipper.
It’s about 1 mounth for final presentation. I start to write dairy tracking diary.
I ordered some stuffs below.
- Pull Solenoid CA12570060(6Ω)
- Controlled by DC 12V, Max stroke 10mm
- 5V Solenoid SSAH-0830(7.5Ω)
- Controled by DC 5V, 600mA, 3W,. Max stroke 5mm.
- If it has enough power, 5V is comvinient for control.
- Long stroke Solenoid CH1284/CH12840062(6.2Ω)
- Controlled by DC 12V, Max stroke 35mm.
- Conductive filament EV303
Kamakura ‘s Local Session. This week’s assignment is wild card, anything goes. I’d like to make something with flexure. It can be used for my final project, pinball mechanism. For example, flipper , bumper and flanger.
However, I didn’t get stuffs now. So I’ll try to think how to attach parts to the main board. It sounds like snap fit things. Or think about spirng construction! Let’s think about possible gimics, or possible flanger shape.
I made 3 patterns of plunger with spiral shape. It needs enoguh sitffness and space without adhereance for other place. It also needs knob to grab and release.
Snap Fit Bangle¶
- Try to bend wood as wildcard week.
- Write wildcard week’s documentation.
- Join Asian Review.
- Update wildcard week’s documentation.
- Join Global Review.
- Check the power of 5V solenoid(SSAH-0830(7.5Ω).
- Print conductive filament, and scale its resistor value. The number shows around 22.26kΩ .
- Local session in Fablab Kamakura.
- Re-research the function of ATtiny3216.
- Do a math for control solenoid and chip LED by 5V power supply, only by changing act swicth state. Design and make testing board, finally it worked !
- Design and print solenoid socket for pop bumper.
- Test conductivity of copper seat and metal ball.
- Write documentation.
- Join global review.
After this, I couldn’t update the details. Details are provided on the individual pages.