What will it do?
I am planning to design a system that will monitor the cattle’s health.By monitoring the parameters like body temperature,heart rate etc will be more helpful for early detection of any disease.For that i can used different sensors like LM 35,Pulse sensors etc.After getting parameters value through respective sensors will be access by wireless technology.Then whole information will be helpful for early detection of any disease like milk fever,stress etc.In short i planning to setup a autonomous system that will proper take care of animal's health regularly.
I am expecting my system will be .....:
Who has done what beforehand?
1) Anuj Kumar and Gerhard P. Hancke, Senior Member, IEEE presented a article on "A Zigbee-Based Animal Health Monitoring System" in Article in IEEE Sensors Journal · January 2014.They have design a Zigbee-Based animal health monitoring system.In which they have used Zigbee module-microcontroller-GUI.
2) Sweta Jha along with co-authors presented a paper on "E-Cattle Health Monitoring System Using IOT".In this they have described how to monitor routinely the health of dairy cattle.In this system they talked about the sensors,wireless networks.
3) D.Aswini, S.Santhya, T.Shri Nandheni , N.Sukirthini published a paper on "Cattle Health and Environment Monitoring System" in International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET).In this paper they have nicely documented a few drawbacks of present system like Farmers are unaware when the cattle are affected by disease,time consuming etc.
4) Myeong-Chul Park ,Hyon-Chel,Tae-Koon ,Ok-Kyoon presented a paper on "Design of cattle health monitoring system using wireless bio-sensor networks". In this paper, they have design a cattle health monitoring system to help prevent livestock diseases, such as foot-and-mouth disease using bio-sensors.
What will you design?
This is what actually i am going to build " CATTLE HEALTH MONITORING SYSTEM ".After going through all literature and taking live survey of few near by dairy farms i came to this shown design.
Proposed plan : After observing dairy farms and their need i catogories my project into three tasks which consits of two node device and one msater device with webserver.How my plan will work? The purpose of Node device is to collect the data from sensor which will be attach on to cattle.Similarly another will aslo receive the data from sensore but of differnt one .Both node will send their data to Bridge/master device who will collect the data from node.After receiveing the data master device will send that data on webserver address where different sensor data will display.
What materials & components will be used?
- Master design consits of:
- 1)ESP 12E (server module)
- 2)1K,10K,499ohm resistors,0.1uF,0.01uF capacitors
- 3)Lithium Polymer Battery
- 4)OLED Display
- 1)ESP 12E as node
- 2)LM 35 / Pulse Sensor
- 1)Push Buttons
- 2)Pin header 2 by 2 smd
- 3)SMD Header
- 4)Connecting wires (Male -Female),(Female- Female)
- 5)Fabric materials for smart belt
Where will they come from?
Most of the above componants are available in our Lab inventory excpet pulse sensor,ESP 8266 and battaery.Probabaly i am going to buy these componants from following online .
How much will they cost?
|Componants||Quantity||Link of vendors||Price|
|2)LM 35||01||FAB Inventory||Rs.140|
|3)Pulse Sensor||01||Robokits India||Rs.230|
|6)Lithium Polymer Battery||01||Robokits India||Rs.395|
|7)5V Voltage regulator IC||01||FAB Inventory|
|8)Push Buttons||01||FAB Inventory||Rs.39|
|9)Pin header 2 by 2 smd||04||FAB Inventory|
|10)SMD Header||04||FAB Inventory|
|11)Resonator 20 MHz,16 Mhz, 8Mhz||02||FAB Inventory||Rs.9.91|
|12)Connectiong wires (Male -Female),(Female- Female)||15||FAB Inventory|
What parts and systems will be made?
3D printer machine
3D CAD + 3d print case of Master and node boards
Eagle + SRM 20 machine :
Design + Fabrication of master and node electronic boards
Finished half task ( Master board )
Networking and communication week
Interface and programmed the LM 35 sensor with Atmega 328p Board
Interface and application
Design and making of Smart Fabric belt: This fabric belt will be manufactured in our " Vigyan Ashram Textile lab ".This belt will be used to hold the electronics caseing and put it into cattle's neck.