Updated for 2024 evaluation standards!
Design and produce something with a digital process not covered in another assignment, documenting the requirements that your assignment meets, and including everything necessary to reproduce it. Possibilities include but are not limited to wildcard week examples.
- Demonstrate workflows used in the chosen process
- Select and apply suitable processes (and materials) to do your assignment.
Have you answered these questions?
- Documented the workflow(s) and process(es) you used
- Described problems encountered (if any) and how you fixed them
- Included original design files and source code
- Included ‘hero shot’ of the result
Can I make the assignment by hand?
Answer: Although there can be manual processing steps, there must be some digital design, fabrication and/or digital computation process(es) in the workflow.
Do I have to do the group assignment if I choose to do composites?
Answer: Yes, you have to make test coupons.
Do I need to fabricate something tangible?
Answer: No, application of digital process(es) with digital files that are transferable and replicable is the key. For example 3D wood milling, embedded AI, fiber laser surface oxidation to make color are all acceptable.
Can I do 3-axis machining for my Wildcard assignment?
Answer: Yes, unless you already did it as part of a previous assignment. In that case you should have smooth tilted or curved surfaces instead of "steps" towards axis Z.
Have a question or feedback? Use this quick link to open an issue in GitLab class repo!