Updated for 2024 evaluation standards!
- Use the test equipment in your lab to observe the operation of a microcontroller circuit board (as a minimum, you should demonstrate the use of a multimeter and oscilloscope)
- Document your work on the group work page and reflect what you learned on your individual page
- Use an EDA tool to design a development board to interact and communicate with an embedded microcontroller
- Select and use software for circuit board design
- Demonstrate workflows used in circuit board design
Have you answered these questions?
- Linked to the group assignment page
- Documented what you have learned in electronics design
- Checked your board can be fabricated
- Explained problems and how you fixed them.
- Included original design files (Eagle, KiCad, etc.)
- Included a ‘hero shot’
Can I modify an existing EDA software project?
Answer: No, you have to draw your board from scratch.
Can I draw my design by hand?
Answer: Yes, but you still have to demonstrate the use of EDA software this week.
Do I need to fabricate a board for this assignment?
What does 'interact and communicate with an embedded microcontroller' mean?
Answer: It means you must design a development board with embedded microcontroller.
Have a question or feedback? Use this quick link to open an issue in GitLab class repo!