20. Project development¶
1. What task has been completed?¶
The project involved many works to finish:
- 3D printing for the body of the device. Done.
- Laser cutting for parts of the body of the device and external box for electronics. Done.
- CNC for ceramic heating chamber. Done.
- PCB milling. Done.
- PCB soldering. Done.
- PCB programming. Done.
- Power electronics for heating coils via MOSFETs. Done.
- Assembling. Done.
- Bluetooth module connection. Done.
- OLED integration. Done.
- Mobile application developing. Done.
Communication between the mobile app and the board. Not done. Progress.
2. What has worked and what hasn’t?¶
I have not had any significant issue. However, ones I burn some traces on the board as I accidentally created a shortcut. I soldered burnt traces and solved the problem.
3. What questions need to be resolved?¶
The communication between the mobile application and the board.
4. What will happen when?¶
I have finished my project.
5. What have I learned?¶
Most of the knowledge I have learned from the course. However, I had some specific task that the course did not cover. The two-sided CMC milling.
It was necessary to flip this part. Create the sitting place, zero Z-axis in the right place, and CNC it the part from the bottom.
The full prject report is here.