18. Invention, intellectual property and income¶
• Individual assignment:
Develop a plan for dissemination of your final project; Prepare drafts of your summary slide (presentation.png, 1920 x 1080) and video clip (presentation.mp4, 1080p HTML5, 1 minute max, 10 MB max) and put them in your root directory.
I think that would be very interesting if other people tried to make a version of this installation. Using the FabLab’s tools should be easy to recreate, remix or repurpose the contents of this project.
I tried to search for similar projects and it happens that there is one really similar to this desktop version. It’s a project from Google Creative Lab called Oasis:
“Project Oasis is a voice controlled terrarium that recreates outside weather inside a box. You can talk to it to ask about weather or ask it to create certain conditions. It currently recreates rain, clouds and lighting in a self sufficient closed and living ecosystem.”
Smaller and desktop versions could be very cool as a weather monitor for other cities, like if you’re planning a trip or go surfing very often. This is the only “version” that could actually turn into a product and be sold as such.
I’ll leave all the plans, project sheets, files and tips for anyone who might be interested in this page.
This project is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
This means that you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format;
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use;
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes;
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
Slide and Video¶