More digital fabrication
With the 3D printer I made feet, knobs, etc. for my final project and broken home appliances.
There wasn't any embroidery assignments however could not
resist the Janome
embroidery machine at the Waag FabLab.
Quick setup notes for the Janome embroidery:
- Put USB stick in Janome embroidery machine
- Select USB icon on Janome embroidery machine. This
initializes the USB stick for the Janome embroidery machine
creating a EMD directory on the USB stick. This directory
is were all your images will be saved.
- Launch Embird on computer
- In Embird, click the icon that looks like a needle
being threaded. This is the "Studio Plugin".
- Import the image to be embroidered.
- Located on the left side menu bar hold down the icon that looks
like a "magic wand" and select the stitch for your
- With arrow select the area on your image for embroidery (NOTE: there is no select all). When
you are done selecting click the "apply" button on the top of the screen
- Edit parameters to select density, stitch style,
- See all the great tutorial on the Janome embroidery
machine on the Waag FabLab site
Information, technology, and digital fabrication junkie
As an artist living in the form of a Software Engineer I believe in approaching technology as a craft;
part art and part skill. This technique is transferable when explaining technical information in a language
that can be readily grasp. Paying attention to detail, I focus on a methodical and effective approach to
troubleshooting and problem solving.