Programming Fab ISP programmer
My information is focused on a Mac OSx 10.7.3 (Lion)
- Avrdude is a program for burning hex code into micro-controller. In order to program the micro-controller you need the .HEX file which is the machine code for the micro-controller.
- Crosspack AVR
- CrossPack is a development environment for Atmel’s AVR® microcontrollers running on Apple’s Mac OS X, similar to AVR Studio on Windows. It consists of the GNU compiler suite, a C library for the AVR, the AVRDUDE uploader and several other useful tools.
- Xcode is a developer editor tool.
- Installing AVR dev tools
- Tutorial for Mac path setup for AVR dev tools following Option 1. AvrMacPack
- Download the firmware and unzip firmware.zip
- make clean
- make hex
- (sudo) make fuse
- (sudo) make program
- The following are necessary software tools that must be loaded on your computer for programming your micro-controller and electronics that will be developed for the Fab Academy: