13. Applications and implications¶
Propose a final project masterpiece that integrates the range of units covered, answering
- What will it do?
- Who’s done what beforehand?
- What will you design?
- What materials and components will be used?
- Where will come from?
- How much will they cost?
- What parts and systems will be made?
- What processes will be used?
- What questions need to be answered?
- How will it be evaluated?
Your project should incorporate
- 2D and 3D design,
- additive and subtractive fabrication processes,
- electronics design and production,
- microcontroller interfacing and programming,
- system integration and packaging
Where possible, you should make rather than buy the parts of your project
Projects can be separate or joint, but need to show individual mastery of the skills, and be independently operable