Applications and Implications
Updated for 2019 evaluation standards!
Propose a final project masterpiece that integrates the range of units covered.
* Your project should incorporate 2D and 3D design, * additive and subtractive fabrication processes, * electronics design and production, * microcontroller interfacing and programming, * system integration and packaging * Where possible, you should make rather than buy the parts of your project * Projects can be separate or joint, but need to show individual mastery of the skills, and be independently operable
See Final Project Requirements for a complete list of requirements you must fulfil.
- Define the scope of a project
- Develop a project plan
Have you answered these questions?
- what will it do?
- who has done what beforehand?
- What will you design?
- what materials and components will be used?
- where will they come from?
- how much will they cost?
- what parts and systems will be made?
- what processes will be used?
- what questions need to be answered?
- how will it be evaluated?
The answers to the questions above will allow you to create your BOM, or Bill Of Materials.
Why do I have to answer these questions?
Answer: These are questions to help you plan your final project. Answer these and any other questions you think will help you do this