3D Scanning and Printing
:confused: Not yet updated for 2019 evaluation standards
- Test the design rules for your printer(s) (group project)
- Design and 3D print an object (small, few cm) that could not be made subtractively
- 3D scan an object (and optionally print it)
- Identify the advantages and limitations of 3D printing and scanning technology
- Apply design methods and production processes to show your understanding.
- Described what you learned by testing the 3D printers
- Shown how you designed and made your object and explained why it could not be made subtractively
- Scanned an object
- Outlined problems and how you fixed them
- Included your design files and ‘hero shot’ photos of the scan and the final object
Define cannot be made subtractively
Answer: That cannot be fabricated with 3 axis limitations OR even if it’s possible to make it, it is complicated.