19. Project Development¶
What tasks have been completed, and what tasks remain?¶
At this point I have:
- Remote control board.
- Robot board.
- Communication between the boards is working.
What has worked? what hasn’t?¶
- Everything I have done so far is working.
- There’s one thing that I that I have not been able to finish yet: the collision avoidance part. I had an accident with the original motor drivers for the robot. I was using the TB6612FNG, but they burned during a test then I made a designed a new board with the L298N (which needs diodes, contrary to the others), so I spent my time on that new design, tests and adjusting the code for the new drivers.
- A quick comment… the nRF24 radio transceiver modules are not really the best in this case. I lose connection from ~2 meters, a better option would be a radio transceiver wit external antenna or ☝🏼 moving the electronics to the outside so the case doesn’t block the signal.
What questions need to be resolved?¶
- Is the acrylic a good material for the robot?
- Will the design+materials of the wheels be good enough to work indoor and outdoor?
- Will the torque of que motors (1.4Kg*cm each) be enough to work on no-flat surfaces (which are inevitable in outdoor environments)?
- Since I plan controlling the robot using ROS after the FabAcademy… Is my project going to be completely and easily adaptable for that purpose? Will I need to change/add something else?
What will happen when?¶
I have divided the whole project in small tasks that I made during the assignments:
|Principles and practices||Propose and sketch the final project idea.|
|Computer Aided design||Draft Model of the final project.|
|Input devices||I made a first test with the Joysticks that I used later for the remote control.|
|Output devices||I made a motor controller board to test with the L298N drivers that I used later for the robot.|
|Embedded Networking and Communications||I the board Version#1 of the remote control the remote control using nRF24 modules.|
|Applications and Implications week||- I started cutting the Frames for the robot and remote control.
- I made the final version of the remote control board.
|Invention, Intellectual Property and Business Models||-I made a draft of the Slide and video.
- I stablished the license for my project.
- I printed the OmniWheels
|Project Development||I made the board for the robot.|
What have you learned?¶
Even when I already had basic knowledge on most the covered techniques, there’s always new learning. Besides all of the technical learning I can remark a couple of things during this process: time management and documentation aspect.