13. Applications and implications¶
• what will it do?
Its basically growing plants in water with a soil-less media. Hydroponics is its own growing method with pros and cons.
exchanging the waste by-product from the fish as a food for the bacteria, to be converted into a perfect fertilizer for the plants, to return the water in a clean and safe form to the fish
• who has done what beforehand?
Anyone who is interested can do it, but depending on the potential they can do it high quality or just basic one. There are a lot of people around the world sharing there experience via their websites, youtube ..etc.
• What will you design?
I’ll be designing the fish tank, the containers and the pipes, and also a stand for the tank and the containers.
• what materials and components will be used? Wood, glass or acrylic , water pump, LED, sensors for the ph, temperature ..etc, • where will they come from? From the local stores, or by ordering if not available. • how much will they cost? • what parts and systems will be made? The containers and the pipes using the 3D printer, the stand by using cnc machine. • what processes will be used? 3D design, 3D printing, computer control machine, programming and interface, input and output devices.
• what questions need to be answered? How I’ll power the system? How to figure out the code for the programming?
• how will it be evaluated?