17 - Machine and Mechanical design
- actuate and automate your machine
- document the group project and your individual contribution
For the group assignment we are collaborating regionally. FabLab AgriLab in France and FabLab Waag in Amsterdam have joined forces to create a machine together. This is the setup for the collaboration.
My personal contribution
- Being part of our amazing team!
- Stepper motor driver
- Stepper motors connections
- Powering the stepper motors
- ESP wifi board
- Testing (Florent’s) Code on ESP at De Waag
- Remote testing with Florent
- Arrange opening ports to enable web-sockets
- Changing Florents ESP code’s to match local conditions
- Overview of the project:
- Drawing of the system design images
- Creating the grouppage:
- Resizing and renaming 80 images for the group page
Personal Lessons learned
- My first Idea was way too big, and I was the only one really did not like to make a ‘simple’ XYZ-drawing machine. This was a mistake. Even this ‘simple machine’ was barely doable in just one week. So ‘think small’ is the advice to myself.
- We did not succeed in getting a stiff frame from cardboard, Mechanics are really hard
- We did not make a plan before we started, we where trying to fix problems (mechanics) we could prevent with a plan
- It was really fun to work together with this group!