1. Principles and practices¶
This week, we learn the concept of digital fabrication and mechanism of Fab Acadenmy. Lecture video is here .
- plan and sketch a potential final project
What are they?¶
My potential final project is titled as “INSECT SENSING ROBOT THAT MEASURING THE NATURE”. When I decided to join Fab Academy, there are two things I want to make. One is a robot that is automatically moving around and looks something like a insects. Another is portable data logger that have multiple sensors measuring something unmeasured (means measuiring something new aspects of our daily lives, our environment or our society). The sketch shows combined idea of those I want to make. That is insect robot that collecting data in a viewpoint of insects.
What does they includes ? (Design and Components)¶
- Size: 100mm x 50mm
- should be as small as possible.
- Natural appearance (not looks so called mechanical robot)
- hexapods (or walking mechanism that looks like insect)
- Automatically walking around
- Detecting objects ahead by IR or Sonic sensor.
- one or two sensors that measuring something around.
- Controll and data transmission from Smartphone or PC via WiFi or BLE.
- GPS module for detecting locations
What use for ?¶
There are a couple situation I could image for use it.
First is used for sensing in garden. The insect robot goes around the garden and users control it from inside of their home. The robot have some sensors that measuring condition of the garden (soil moisture, air conditions and so on). Users controll the robot from their own PC via Wi-Fi.
Next is used for sensing outside with walking around. It looks like radio controlled toys. The robot have some sensors that measure surrounding conditions (temperature, UV Index, brightness and so on). Users controll the robot from their own tablet or smartphone via Bluetooth Low Energy.
Third is used for sensing the place where users cannot enter (under the floor, above the ceiling, somewhere dangerous zone etc…). The robot have some sensors that measure surrounding conditions or detect objects or creatures for extermination. Users control the robot from their own PC via Wi-Fi.