# Code of Conduct
# PERSONAL ETHICS
Students, Instructors, Faculty, Evaluators, Collaborators, and Staff are expected to demonstrate appropriate judgment, ethical personal behavior, and common sense. It si our pledge to making participation in our program and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Our code of conduct is based on the following pillars:
RESPECT: We are in equity. Participants uphold human dignity and promote equality and emotional and cognitive development. Participants must demonstrate respect for spiritual and cultural values, diversity, social justice, freedom, and the environment.
INTEGRITY: We are transparent. Honesty, reliability and moral action are embodied in integrity. Participants must exercise integrity through their work commitments, responsibilities and actions.
TRUST: We all work as a team. Trust embodies fairness, openness and honesty between all participants.
CARE: We lean on each other. Participants must show this through positive influence, support to others, and empathy in practice.
While it is not possible to list all forms of behavior that are considered unacceptable in the context of working and making together, the following are examples of infractions of our code of conduct that may result in suspension and/or other disciplinary action:
- Behavior that constitutes discrimination against, or harassment of, an employee, collaborator, student, or any other person in the context of Fab Academy classes, courses, lectures, work, etc.
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Theft, unauthorized use, removal, or taking of another's property
- Bringing or use of any dangerous or unauthorized materials, such as explosives or firearms, in the work or classe space.
- Plagiarism, copying other people’s work without proper reference
- Acting in an unprofessional manner and/or discourtesy to others (co-workers, students, visitors, team members, collaborators, etc)
- Fighting or using abusive or confrontational/threatening language the context of Fab Academy classes, courses, lectures, work, etc.
- Misuse, defacement, or willful destruction of property or equipment of the Nodes
- Lack of maintenance of equipment and not stating/following safety regulations
- Engaging in criminal conduct or acts of violence
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
# Non Discrimination and Equal Opportunities
Every participant of Fab Academy (students, instructors, faculty, evaluators, collaborators and staff) must behave in a non discriminatory way and without any regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, marital status, disability, veteran or draft status
Nodes ar responsible for making reasonable accommodations wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the task and provided that any accommodations made do not require significant difficulty or expense;
Fab Foundation, ultimate representative of Fab Academy, will thoroughly investigate instances of alleged discrimination and take corrective action.
# Anti-Harassment and Anti Bullying in the context of Fab Academy
Harassment consists of unwelcome conduct, whether verbal, physical, or visual, that is based upon a person's protected status, such as color, sex, physical or mental disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We will not tolerate any harassing conduct that affects any individual, or that creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive Fab Academy environment. Harassment can take many forms, including, but not limited to: words, signs, jokes, pranks, intimidation, physical contact, or violence. Harassment can occur either because of direct intent or via conduct that has an unintended, but real, negative effect on others.
Everyone has the right to be treated with respect and dignity.
Bullying is defined as unwelcome or unreasonable behavior that demeans, intimidates, or humiliates people either as an individual or as a group. Bullying is unacceptable behavior because it is inconsistent with the Fab Academy’’s principles of equality and fairness, and it frequently represents an abuse of power and authority. It also has potential adverse consequences for all involved. Bullying behavior is often persistent and part of a pattern, but it can also occur as a single incident. It is usually carried out by an individual but can also be an aspect of group behavior.
Fab Foundation, ultimate representative of Fab Academy, will thoroughly investigate instances of alleged harassment and bullying and take corrective action.
Please contact coordination (@) fabacademy.org or fill the grievance form
# ACADEMIC ETHICS
Students taking Fab Academy adhere to the following:
- Respect the privacy of other students.
- Respect the diversity of opinions and cultures that will be present in your course.
- Use a single account on the platform and provide correct information about yourself
- Do not reproduce content from your course or other students unless allowed by the express copyright terms laid out by the course administrator.
- Do not submit the work of others as your own work or engage in activity that will improve or harm the grades of others.
If you believe that someone has violated this code of conduct, report it to the Program responsibles.
# Academic Integrity:
Each student is accountable for their work being submitted and must not submit the work of others as their own work or engage in any activity that will improve or harm the grades of others. Plagiarism is a form of academic dishonestly. For cases relating to plagiarism, students whose assignments are identified as being plagiarised will be marked with a 0 for the assignment and will be notified of the same through their Course Leader.
Examples of plagiarism include:
- Reproducing content submitted by another student as your content or assignment
- Not adequately referencing your sources and claiming the work as your own