Not yet updated for 2020 evaluation standards!
Design and produce something with a digital fabrication process (incorporating computer-aided design and manufacturing) not covered in another assignment, documenting the requirements that your assignment meets, and including everything necessary to reproduce it. Possibilities include (but are not limited to composites, textiles, biotechnology, robotics, folding, and cooking.
- Demonstrate workflows used in the chosen process
- Select and apply suitable materials and processes to create your project.
- Shown how you made your project
- Described problems and how you fixed them
- Included your design files and ‘hero shot’ photos of the project
Can I make the assignment by hand?
Answer: Although there can be manual processing steps, to count as digital fabrication the workflow should pass through design in a computer and some kind of automated output process. So programming the embroidery of circuits would count, but hand-stitching them wouldn't.