17. Machine design¶
- Design a machine that includes mechanism+actuation+automation.
- Build the mechanical parts and operate it manually.
- Document the group project.
Details of the group assignment are in the group page.
I connected the single node with 12V power supply and used the
single_node.py example. I just had to change the
portName at the
def initInterfaces(self) of the
virtualmachine with my COM port number which was
def initInterfaces(self): if self.providedInterface: self.fabnet = self.providedInterface #providedInterface is defined in the virtualMachine class. else: self.fabnet = interfaces.gestaltInterface('FABNET', interfaces.serialInterface(baudRate = 115200, interfaceType = 'ftdi', portName = 'COM4'))
|Black||GND||GND||Device ground supply pin.|
|Brown||Terminator 1||Input||Pin 1 of 120R Terminating Resistor. Only Required if the USB-RS485-WE cable is the first or last device in a multi-drop RS485 System, to meet RS485 Termination Requirements.|
|Red||POWER||Output||Default output is +5V when active, 0V during suspend. Power output can be customized to 0V, if required, contact FTDI Sales Team ([email protected]). Switchable power to external device, 250mA max. OFF during suspend|
|Orange||Data+(A)||Bi-Direction||Data + (A) Signal|
|Yellow||Data-(B)||Bi-Direction||Data - (B) Signal|
|Green||Terminator 2||Input||Pin 2 of 120R Terminating Resistor. Only Required if the USB-RS485-WE cable is the first or last device in a multi-drop RS485 System, to meet RS485 Termination Requirements.|
Physical layer is called Fabnet, which is a multi-drop network, i.e., multiple nodes share a single set of communication wires. Signaling is differential and is based on the RS-485 specification. A bridge between the FTDI cable and the gestalt node is required.
- installing gestalt module from imoyer didn’t work properly. I was not able to import the module, so I used nadya’s version.
- It can run only on python 2.7 versions
- After finishing the desired movement, the motor is not getting turned OFF i.e., it is still taking current and stuck which causes the getstalt board to heat up a lot.