FCT FabLab is a lab that belongs to the library located in the Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia from Universidade Nova de Lisboa. It came from a protocol the library has with the USA Embassy named “American Corner Portugal”, wish enables some portuguese libraries to have technologies that otherwise wouldn’t be able to offer to their students.
Our FabLab is opened every day of the week (except the weekend), about 75% of our occupants are from the faculty and the rest 25% are from the outside comunity. The two main techologies used here are the 3D printer (FDM) and the Laser cutter.
It’s our effective third year of FabAcademy, currently we have 3 students, two new students and one continuing.