Group Assignment – 3D Scanning and Printing - Puebla
General objective (group assignment):
uPrint SE Plus
DP 200 Sindoh
1. The first thing I did this week was to print the models that Neil shared with us, to experiment with the printing rules, I did these tests with the two printers available at the Fab Lab Anáhuac Puebla. (uPrint SE Plus and DP 200 Sindoh)
2. You can find the models here academy.cba.mit.edu/classes/scanning_printing/index.html
3. For the DP200 use the standard quality print parameters, this is a balance between quality and time optimization:
For uprint SE use parameters that also give us a balanced result between quality and printing time:
4. The clearance varies between the two tests, in the Uprint from 0.3mm the material expands and prevents the movement of the pieces. In the 3DWOX this same effect is presented from 0.2mm
5. The Angle test shows something very interesting, the 3DWOX is capable of making parts with angles of 10 and 20 degrees, but the quality of the surface is a bit low. The UPRINT made support by Default from 30°
6. The wall thickness test showed us what we already suspected, the Uprint can build GAPS and walls up to .1mm although it modifies the final dimensions a bit, the 3DWOX surprised us because it can manufacture up to .5mm
7. The surface test gave us very similar results in both devices, but in the hemisphere the 3DWOX seems to have a little more quality, although the color of the material also modifies the perception of the finish.
Parameters optimized of machine.
Uprint SE PLUS