Embedded Networking and Communications
Updated for 2021 evaluation standards!
- Send a message between two projects
- design, build, and connect wired or wireless node(s) with network or bus addresses
- Demonstrate workflows used in network design
- Implement and interpret networking protocols and/or communication protocols
Have you answered these questions?
- Linked to the group assignment page.
- Documented your project.
- Documented what you have learned from implementing networking and/or communication protocols.
- Explained the programming process/es you used.
- Outlined problems and how you fixed them.
- Included design files (or linked to where they are located if you are using a board you have designed and fabricated earlier) and original code.
What does "two projects" mean in the group assignment
Answer: You need to send a message between any combination of boards, computers and/or mobile devices. You need to write code that sends or receives the message in question.
Do I have to make new boards for this assignment
Answer: No. You can use any board you have designed and fabricated from an earlier assignment.
Can we use arduino/commercial boards for networking?
Answer: Yes, provided one of the boards is of your own design and fabrication. Commercial wireless modules can be used provided they are integrated into your own design. You can use a commercial networking module as long as it is integrated in your own design. Note the difference between board and module - those are two different things.
Must each board have a unique identity?
Answer: It does not have to be hard-coded but you must use some form of addressing.
Have a question or feedback? Click this link to open an issue!