Assignment: Complete your final project, tracking your progress.
Answer the following questions
What tasks have been completed, and what tasks remain?
Till now, I have done with following major tasks of the final project:
- 3D design of the casing in SolidWorks
- 3D print of the housing box (Casing)
- Design of the front sheet for acrylic in SolidWorks
- Front panel sheet laser cut on acrylic of 3mm
- PCB Atmega32U4 board
- PCB of I/O board
- Assembling of boards in the 3D box
- Jumper Wirings to connect the two boards
- Arduino code is not finalized
- Video part is remaining
- Summary slide (presentation.png) need bit modification
What has worked? what has not?
Things in working:
- LCD interfaced with main board and working correctly.
- Atmega32U4 microcontroller is working accurately.
- Logic tasks are following their truth tables.
- first PCB of I/O board was not fixed in the 3D box due to jumper wires. (So, I milled another accordingly).
- Final phase of coding needs bit accuracy
What questions need to be resolved?
- How can I increase the number of tasks?
- How can I reduce the size of the box and make it slim for better look and make it portable?
What will happen when?
|Assembling the boards in the box/casing||June 10, 2018|
|Finalizing the code||June 11, 2018|
|Give final shape to the device||June11, 2018|
|Summary slide||June 12, 2018|
|Finalizing the final video||June 12, 2018|
|Final presentation||June 18, 2018|
What have you learned?
In the whole process of "final project", I have learned alot. Almost every skilled touched in making and designing the final project.
In this process my many skills improved drastically. Feel bit more comfortable in PCB designing, milling the boards, soldering the SMD based components, 3D designing and printing, laser cutting, and many other hidden things improved like thinking capability, judging the things, and forecasting the outputs of different projects. In short, I can say that this fab academy broaden my thinking capabilities.
- Software Skill:
- Hardware skills:
- 3D printing
- Laser cutting
- Vinyl cutting
- PCB milling, and soldering
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.