This week our assignement is to complete our final project, tracking our progress:
What will happen and when?
Here is my preliminary project plan
I tried to do some parts of my project during our weekly assignements.
• Identify problem statement of the project - till January 30
• Prepare list of necessary equipment, tools, materials, components - February 1
• All necessary components and materials will be ready - June 1
Start /making sketches/
• Development and design of the box - February 1 - June 16
• Design and development of the control board - April 3
• Testing the board - this was ongoing process ant it lasted tll the June 15
• Design the gear - February 19 - June 10
• Programming - March 10- June 15
• Assembling all parts - May 25 - June 16
• Testing 1 - May 23
• Testing 2 - June 13
• implementation of canges - June 14
• Testing 3 - June 15
• Final testings - June 16 - 18
• Make the video and the presentation - June 15 - 18
What tasks have been completed, and what tasks remain?
Done• 3D model of gear is designed and printed
• Componenets, tools and softwares are selected
• Motor is chosen
• The board is developed and made
• Board is programmed
Should be done• Design the box for the device
• Assemble all components
• Start testing processes
What has worked? what hasn't?
Worked• Motor with motor conntroller
• The board
Has not• Haven't assembled all parts
• Haven't tested all together
What questions need to be resolved?• Redesign the board
• Redesign motor control part of the board
• Redesign the box
What have you learned?Working on my project and doing weekly assignements helped me to understand different fabrication and design processes. During the developmet process of this project I learned embedded programming, developed my skills in 3D and 2D modelling, learned PCB making and system integration.
I should first of all assemble all parts and test the device. I ordered a smd light sensor and it is not shipped yet.
If I don't get the sensor on time I will change and use simple legged light sensor. I am going to prnt new version of the gear, it may have be better conections.