- Evaluate and select 2D and 3D software - Demonstrate and describe processes used in modelling with 2D and 3D software
- Model (raster, vector, 2D, 3D, render, animate, simulate, …) a possible final project, and post it on your class page. Show how you did it with words/images/screenshots - Included your original design files
My advice here is picking these tools like dating, there is no right date, everybody has different preferences, they have different characters, you should try each of them, see what works for you, see what you are comfortable with. “ ——Neil
Well，Neil will have problems if he works for Chinese university and say that to students. Cause Women in China had been educated the best life is only fall in love with one man and stay together until the end of life. If you date or sleep with many people you are not precious any more. Lol. Not every woman believes that those day though.
1. My Design Backgrounds:
I have 0 experience in design. I used to work for Fablab O Shanghai which almost every colleagues of mine is a designer. So this week is a start for me to learn some design.
I learned a little bit about Illustrator before, that’s all my back ground about design software. So, when the first time I listen to Neil’s class, I was so lost. Then I learned fusion 360 with my fab academy classmates and my amazing instructor Saverio, After that, I start to understand a little bit more from Neil’s class when I watch it second time. I realize this week is just a start of design software learning. I need to build as many as model to get familiar with all these tools and the concept of design. Here are what I tried so far.
I want to know more about 3D Different style of modeling. So I search on YouTube and write notes about it.20+ Styles of 3D Modeling in 20 Minutes
- Sculpting : Shaping your digital lump of clay in a free-form way using various 3D brushes.
- Sculpting with dynamic topology 动态拓扑雕刻
- Sculpting with mask
- Spline Modifiers – Fill:Turning bezier curves into renderable objects by giving some thickness to them.
- Spline Modifiers – Screw: Revolving a spline to create a 3D surface.
- Spline Modifiers – Curve: Using a spline to deform a mesh.
- Spline Modifiers – Skin:Skinning splines while retaining the skeleton.
After watching this video, I am being fully motivated by learning design software. I have to say those tools will help designer to create something out of their imagination. I am a STEAM education teacher; I am always thinking about how to develop student’s creativity. I have been inspired by this video that giving students a lot of tools is one of the most important way to help them become creative.
Evaluate the 2D and 3D software
- Illustrator: First,I tried a simple tutorial and drew a picture below.
- Then I tried to draw my final project wiht illustrator.
Notes I took
- Fusion 360
Fuison 360: For a fusion 360, I learned from YouTube video tutorials "Learn Autodesk Fusion 360 in 30 Days for Complete Beginners!
Here are projects I made and notes I took:
- HOW and WHY to Fully Constrain Your Sketches
- Dimension tricks
- Fully constrain sketched
- 2D sketch
- Rectangular Pattern
- Line Command
- Sketch Fillets
- Create A Sweep
- Create Offset Planes
- Loft feature
- Create Threads
- Sketch Dimension
- Extrude Cut
- Rectangular Pattern Feature
- Ploygon Sketch
- Mirror Feature
- Create Midplane
- Hole Feature
- Press Pull
- Creat Text
- New Body
- Box Feature
- Cylinder Feature
- Chamfer Tool
- 2 Tangent Circle
- Construction Lines
- Draft Feature "Sometime you extrude failed because 2D shape is not a close shape."
- Sphere Feature
- Thread Tool
- Chamfer Tool
- Set Constraints
- Fix/Unfix Sketch Lines
- Section Analysis
- Offset and Thicken ( Patch Workspace)
Paremetric Design lampshade with Fusion
With paremetric design I can change materiel thickness and the size of lampshade to fit in different space.
* Here is the download link of paremetric lampshade of lampshade
For vinylcutter I decide to cut some folower stickers for sewing meachine. I found a rose picture online and use Cut studio to creat path for machine.
I use tape to transfer this cut on sewing machine.It looks like granny's sew machine now.
My final project
First I drew it in illustrator