Applications and Implications
What will my device do?
It will create a music with automation by using air blower mechanism and Servo controlled system. My machine will be playing flute automatically.
Who's done what beforehand?
Many inventions are done on playing music by the machine. They have achieved good accuracy and I wanted to try same. The closest to my idea was a robot which plays flute by itself and many other mechanical flute inventions. You can find the Flute playing robot from this link
What i want to design?
- The PVC Flute which is a air column produce sound when air flows through it
- Air Blower which will blow the air to flute
- Stand of flute which will support Flute to get fixed on board.
- servo motors extended with 3d Printer closers which will act as fingers
- Base of system where the servo and all the components can be fixed
- Controller system to operate whole system.
What materials and components will be used?
- 6 Servo motors
- BLDC Motor
- BLDC ESC 30A
- 1 Blower
- 3D printed Servo, flute and blower stand
- Acrlic Base
- PCB boards
- Nut-bolts to fix all the components properly
Where will come from?
All the components I need are locally available. I tried to Make blower By 3D print.
How much will they cost?
Total cost of project reached upto 3500 Indian rupees which is aprrox 36 $
|Servo Motor||Used in place of fingers||6||Rs.720|
|BLDC Motor||Used to rotate blower for blow air into the flute||1||Rs.585|
|3D Printed Flute Stand||Pressfitting for holding the flute||3||Rs.120|
|3D Printed Servo Stand||To hold the servo||6||Rs.240|
|Laser cut base||Base of the flute||2||Rs.160|
|Flute||6 hole PVC||1||Rs.350|
|Nut and Bolts||Fixing all the components in the Base||1||Rs.350|
What parts and systems will be made?
- Blower,Stand of blower, Servo ,flute and finger structure for the holes will be 3D Printed
- Laser Cutted Base and boxes for PCB
- PCB’s for each component.
What processes will be used?
- 3D printing
- PCB Milling
- Laser Cutting
What questions need to be answered?
It is easy to play flute but making it automatic is little Challenging. The blow in the flute is the most important thing that needs to be constant. The finger structures can be made using fabrication techniques like molding and casting and 3D Printing. I need to make 7 sur(notes) in the music .I have to make the servo move according to the notes.
How will it be evaluated?
Project should be evaluated on basis of 3D CAD , Programming , and Circuit Design.Important part is to control servo with accuracy to have proper rhythm of Sa re ga ma pa dha ni sa which is achieved in this project.