The second week assignment.
Briefly about me - I work in the tech industry, and my biggest interest is in Artificial Intelligence.
While my work is unrelated to the AI field, I have decided to take on the field and gain the knowledge and practice necessary on my own.
In the Fab Academy I intend to combine the physical and electronic fields of the Fablab together with the field of AI to dip into the field of robotics, but mainly to learn how to train neural networks on motoric functions.
I intend to create a physical structure fulfilling the following purposes:
1. Fully articulated to turn around all three axis X, Y and Z
2. Not only fully "capable" of movement, but also actually moving, with the use of 6 motors operating 6 wheels, every 2 wheels responsible for one axis rotation
3. The movement discussed above is of an "arm" device, made to hold a mobile device with a front-facing camera, such as a smart phone or a tablet
4. The movement is controlled via an Arduino device attached to the back of the construction object
5. The Arduino itself is connected to a computer which is running a Neural Network code responsible for measuring the necessary movement
6. The movement will be measured according to the front-facing camera feed: If there is a face present in the feed, the arm will move to center the face in the camera and orient it vertically
7. The full purpose of the device is to be able to train a Neural Network, with a physical device, to understand and to generate movement, with the purpose of following any face that is in the front-facing camera feed