FabLab Academy 2012
Final Project Concept &
1. What will it do?
Traditional Ventriloquist Dummy
Head on a Stick
Mouth - Open/Close
Eyes - Up/Down/Left/Right
2. Who's done what beforehand?
Fred Project - Traditionally Built Stage Dummy
TJ - Film Project - Animatronic - Arduino Controlled - Head
3. What materials and componentsare will be required?
Head - Wood/MDF
Eyes - 3D Print/Cast
Hands - 3D Print/Cast
Body - Wood Frame/Composite Shell/Material Clothing
Control - Servo x 4/Electronic Components/Cables/Wire
4. Where do they come from?
Mostly FabLab Inventory
Otherwise Local Shop/Internet
5. What will it cost?
Less than £100
6. What parts and systems will be made?
7. What Processes will be used?
3D Scan/Design & Print
Moulding & Casting/Composites
8. What tasks need to be completed?
9. What questions need to be answered?
What material for Skin/Head/Hand?
10. What is the Schedule?
Wed 16/5/12 - Concept & Planning Presentation
Fri 18/5/12 - Design
Mon 21/5/12 - Design Complete - Manufacure begins
Wed 23/5/12 Progress Report
Fri 25/5/12 - Manufacture/Assemble
Mon 28/5/12 - Commissioning/Testing
Wed 30/5/12 - Final Presentation
11. How will it be evaluated?
Other Application which can use the control: eg - remote camers - add
to robotic body...