This week assigment is to make something big, for this I'm going to build a stand for a machine. I made the design in Rhino and milled with the ShopBot


The previous pictures shows the design stage with Rhino, first a sketch, following the press fit joints to be used (both for the top/bot and lateral sides) and finally front and rear renderized views. The top side will not show any visible joint.

Loading files to ShopBot

First I export the dxf file from Rhino and then load it to the ShopBot

Then I setup the toolpath

Loading material and milling


After unloading the pieces I begin the assembling. Unfortunately, the fitting of the parts did not result because the milling path was made along the line of the path, rather than inside or outside the designed path. This caused the adjustment was not according to the design.

Final comments